Boost your confidence with tips from a cosmetic dentist in St. Louis, Missouri
With a beautiful smile, you can improve your self-confidence and make a good first impression. Visiting a cosmetic dentist gives you options to enhance your smile. For the best cosmetic dental procedures offered by a dentist near me, look no further than Crestwood Dental Group in St. Louis, Missouri.
What is a cosmetic dentist?
In the dental and medical fields, cosmetic procedures are designed to change or improve the way you look. Cosmetic dentistry refers to treatments that alter your teeth or gums. Although the primary focus is not on function, your oral health, speech, or bite may be improved as a result of cosmetic procedures. A cosmetic dentist transforms your smile by safely adding, taking away, or altering the teeth or gums to change their appearance.
Smile enhancement tips from a cosmetic dentist
When you look good, you feel good. Your smile is directly linked to your self-esteem. It is the first thing people notice about you and can influence your personal and professional relationships. Cosmetic dental procedures are becoming increasingly popular because smile enhancement is a simple, often cost-effective, way to improve your physical appearance.
A cosmetic dentist can review your oral health and provide treatments for smile enhancement. Consider the following tips for improving your smile:
- Follow good oral habits. One of the best ways to enhance and keep your smile bright is through good oral hygiene. Regular brushing and flossing keep your teeth and gums healthy. It also helps to keep surface stains from building up on the teeth.
- Consume a healthy diet and avoid teeth-staining foods. Foods that are high in sugar or acids are bad for the teeth. Bacteria feed on the sugars and release acids which eat away at the enamel. Additionally, red wine, coffee, tea, and tomato products are acidic and darkly colored and can cause surface stains.
- Whiten your teeth. Professional teeth whitening with your dentist uses a prescription-strength whitening agent that produces a dramatic whitening effect. Professional whitening removes surface and set-in strains for effective, efficient whitening.
- Use dental bonding to cover gaps or minor imperfections. Cosmetic dental bonding uses a malleable tooth-colored resin material to disguise imperfections. This cost-effective treatment is commonly used to fill spaces from gapped teeth or to improve the appearance of chipped teeth.
- Consider porcelain veneers to transform the teeth. Dental veneers transform a single tooth or an entire arch for a smile makeover. Veneers are thin shells of porcelain applied to the front of the teeth to change their appearance. They can improve chipped, gapped, crooked, and stained teeth.
Personalized smile enhancement with your cosmetic dentist
At Crestwood Dental Group, we use advanced technology to transform your smile. Dr. Maxwell performs an in-depth evaluation of your smile to determine the best treatment for your needs, smile goals, and budget. Your personalized treatment plan is designed to give you the smile of your dreams.
Share this Article
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page