If you have always wanted straighter teeth but are hesitant to undergo years of treatment with traditional metal braces, you are not alone. At Crestwood Dental Group, patients in the St. Louis, MO
area who are interested in teeth straightening but want alternatives to braces have an effective, discreet, convenient treatment option – Invisalign
What is Invisalign and what can it treat?
Invisalign is a revolutionary treatment that has changed the smiles of millions of patients in the last two decades. It uses a series of invisible teeth aligners to gradually shift your teeth and jaw into their optimal positions, correcting a variety of issues such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Gap teeth
- Bite problems such as overbite and underbite
The Invisalign process
Your Invisalign journey starts with an initial consultation at Crestwood Dental Group. Dr. Maxwell will talk with you about what you like and don’t like about your smile and examine your teeth and gums to make sure you are an ideal candidate. Then, using our iTero digital scanner, we take fast and comfortable digital impressions of your mouth to plan out your treatment. Your series of aligners is then created in the Invisalign laboratory using a BPA-free, comfortable plastic.
Once they are ready, you come into our office and we will give you your aligners and instructions for wearing them. In general:
- You wear each set for one to two weeks at a time and then switch them out for the next set
- The aligners are completely removable so you can eat and drink whatever you’d like without restrictions and your ability to fully brush and floss your teeth is not compromised
- It is recommended that you wear them for a minimum of 22 hours per day
- You will come in for quick and painless check-ups so we can monitor your progress and make adjustments as needed
- Most patients complete their treatment in one year or less
- After your treatment is complete, we will provide you with a custom-fitted retainer to wear at night to maintain your terrific results
CDG aligners: in-house tooth straightening treatment
For patients seeking alternatives to Invisalign, we offer a customized tooth straightening option that consists of aligners that we make right here in our office. The process for this treatment is very similar to Invisalign but can be a more affordable option for patients. Using our advanced iTero digital scanner, we take precise digital impressions of your teeth to custom-design your aligners. Then, we use a 3D printer to create comfortable, clear aligners that we call “CDG aligners” (“Crestwood Dental Group” aligners). Like Invisalign treatment, these aligners are worn for the majority of the day and you can remove them for easy dental care and to enjoy your favorite foods and beverages.
To start your path towards a straighter smile, call Crestwood Dental Group in St. Louis today! You can reach us at (314) 463-5655