St. Louis dentist helps patients improve their smiles with invisible teeth aligners
A confident smile can make a world of difference. When an adult feels good about their smile, it shows in their professional and personal life. However, great smiles aren’t simply created by luck or genetics. Many individuals need a little help from their trusted dentist to get the smile they want and deserve.
Adults can often benefit from orthodontic treatment. However, many adults are hesitant to undergo treatment because they are afraid they’ll be embarrassed by the appearance of traditional orthodontics. Dr. James Maxwell of Crestwood Dental Group in St. Louis, MO, helps his patients improve their smiles with invisible teeth aligners.
What are invisible teeth aligners?
Patients who want to straighten their teeth without brackets and wires are thrilled to find out about Invisalign. This orthodontic system uses clear alignment trays to move the teeth into their proper position carefully. The patient wears a tray for approximately two weeks and then moves onto the next tray in the series. Invisalign is effective and doesn’t require any more time for treatment than traditional orthodontic treatment.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign offers several benefits over other orthodontic treatments, including:
- Appearance: While braces are almost a rite of passage for teenagers, adults often feel insecure about their friends and colleagues seeing the brackets and wires. With Invisalign, the trays are nearly invisible, so patients can smile confidently knowing that their orthodontic treatment won’t be the center of attention.
- Comfort: Brackets and wires are sharp and uncomfortable. They can scratch the inside of the mouth and can snap or break. Invisalign trays are soft and comfortable. While it may take a day or two to get used to having something in your mouth, most patients soon forget that they’re wearing them.
- Removability: While the trays must be worn nearly all day, every day, they can be removed to eat or brush and floss the teeth. That means patients don’t need to give up their favorite foods, and they can continue to take good care of their teeth during treatment, leading to better overall oral health. Further, patients can remove the trays for special occasions like public speaking events or special events.
- Convenience: With traditional braces, patients must return to the orthodontist every three to four weeks to have the braces tightened. However, with Invisalign, patients discard the current tray and move onto the next at predetermined intervals. Patients will check in with their dentist occasionally to make sure that the treatment is working as expected, but there are fewer visits overall.
- Effectiveness: Invisalign offers excellent results that allow patients to smile with confidence. Most patients finish their treatment in less than two years.
- Better overall oral health: Many patients opt for orthodontic treatment to improve the appearance of their teeth. However, orthodontic treatment can also enhance the mouth’s health by correcting bite problems and addressing crooked or overcrowded teeth.
For more information about Invisalign, call Crestwood Dental in St. Louis, MO, today at (314) 463-5655 to schedule a consultation. Dr. Maxwell will meet with you, conduct an oral health exam, and help you decide if Invisalign is the right solution for your unique situation.
Share this Article
Back to Invisalign Page